What Makes the Employee Family Assistance Program at Vancouver Island Counselling Distinctive?
Thank you for taking the time to read this important page. In it, we hope you will agree that we have provided a comprehensive, responsive and principled Employee and Family Assistance Program offering. Vancouver Island Counselling believes in continuous improvement and meeting and exceeding the needs of those we serve. Please contact us if you have any questions, comments or ideas for us to consider.
- We are a registered “not for profit” society under the BC Society’s Act and have been since our inception in 1980. Our registered name is South Vancouver Island Assessment and Resource Service Society. We operate on a daily basis as “Vancouver Island Counselling”.
- We are collaboratively governed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of employees, employers and union leaders.
- We have worked together to establish a shared mission, vision and core values.
- We offer free confidential assessment and counselling services for all employees and eligible family members and retirees.
- There is no fixed limit to the number of goal oriented sessions offered to the individual or family and this benefit is provided at no extra cost to the client or organization.
- We are committed to serving our clients’ with immediacy, accessibility, capability and compassion.
- Also we respond to a Critical Incident in the workplace at no extra cost.
- We will assist your employees, employer and respective unions and associations with matters such as worksite downsizing, significant employee lay-off or the death of a co-worker again, at no extra cost.
- After normal business hours, on weekends and on holidays, we provide 24/7 telephone access to a counsellor for workplace emergencies and consultation for workplace leadership at no extra cost. This counsellor is an employee of Vancouver Island Counselling, lives in the local community and is highly familiar with local resources, workplaces and emergency services.
- We offer organizations and the community ongoing development and delivery of therapy groups to address needs in the workplace and community not already met by mental health agencies.
- We also provide clients with a variety of health and well-being resources, articles and book references. The “Resources” drawer on this website is continuously updated with mental health information for any who access our website. We include videos and screening tools there on a variety of wellness topics.
- Our clinical service is delivered from professional offices by professional counsellors with Masters level education and certification and/or national professional associates.
- Our counsellors, administrators and Board members live and work in your community. Our clinical team is very well acquainted and familiar with local mental health and wellness resources through their professional and volunteer experiences.